Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
Located in Katsuyama City, Fukui Prefecture, it is one of the world's largest museums, and is known nationwide as a treasure trove of dinosaur fossils. The vast astylar space is overflowing with exhibits of dinosaur skeletons, fossils and specimens, and dioramas and reconstruction models, that brings you up close to the power of dinosaurs and can be enjoyed by the young and old.
View scenic routes that include this spotTIMELESS ARTISTRY
More Information about Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
- 51-11 Terao, Muroko-cho, Katsuyama City
- Around 15 minutes by community bus from Katsuyama Station on the Echizen Railway
- 9:00-17:00 (no admission after 16:30)
*Changes depending on the time of the year.
- Second and fourth Wednesday of the month (closed the following day if it falls on a holiday, open during summer holidays) and New Year holiday (December 29-January 2). Also closed on occasion to change exhibits and inspect facilities (refer to the website or call for details)
- All year
- The Field Station in Kitadani-cho, Katsuyama City is Japan's largest dinosaur fossil excavation site where you are able to dig for fossils yourself.
Fukui Prefecture Varve Museum
Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line
Heisenji Hakusan Shrine
Port of Humanity Tsuruga Museum
Ichijodani Asakura Clan Ruins
Echizen Washi Village
Kehi Jingu Shrine
Soto Zen Daihonzan Eiheiji Temple