Kehi Jingu Shrine
The 11-meter-tall, large torii gate (a tangible cultural property) is one of the three great wooden torii gates of Japan, together with Kasuga-taisha in Nara and Itsukushima Shrine in Hiroshima. There are also statues of famous haiku poets from Japan.
More Information about Kehi Jingu Shrine
- 11-68 Akebono-cho, Tsuruga City, Fukui 914-0075
- Take the Matsubara Line community bus from JR Tsuruga Station for around 4 minutes, and get off at Kehi Jingu-mae bus stop.
- Take the Gurutto Tsuruga Shuyu Bus from JR Tsuruga Station for around 3 minutes, and get off at Kehi Jingu-mae bus stop.
- 5:00-17:00 (April to September)
6:00-17:00 (October to March)
- Open all year round.
- All year
- Within the temple grounds, there is a spring called the "water of long life," which is believed to contain the blessings of the gods, and is a popular power spot.
Fukui Prefecture Varve Museum
Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line
Port of Humanity Tsuruga Museum
Echizen Washi Village
Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
Soto Zen Daihonzan Eiheiji Temple
Heisenji Hakusan Shrine
Ichijodani Asakura Clan Ruins