- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. EXPERIENCE PAST AND FUTURE, LATEST TREND & TRADITIONAL CULTURE, CITYSCAPE FROM THE SKY, WATERSIDE BEAUTY, PANORAMIC VIEW, FESTIVE MOMENT, SUN, SKY & SERENITY, ISLANDS & SKYSCRAPERS, BLUE RIVER & URBAN BEACH
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. HISTORY & RELIGION, STREETS OF OLD JAPAN, HISTORIC BEAUTY OF ARTS AND BUILDINGS, WILDNESS & STILLNESS, EXPERIENCE THE QUINTESSENTIAL, RELAXATION & CULTURE, FEEL THE EARTH
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. THE BEAUTY OF JAPAN'S TRADITION, WISDOM＆VIRTUAL REALITY, THE LIVING LEGACY OF SAMURAI CULTURE, TIMELESS ARTISTRY
- 2/14/2019 We have added a new 360° VR video. The KYUSHU X TOKYO website.
- 10/25/2018 We have launched a new site: HOKURIKU X TOKYO.
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue.
Recommended scenic routes
Easy overnight trips from Tokyo
WISDOM＆VIRTUAL REALITYTOYAMA × TOKYOEnjoy the cutting edge of VR entertainment at SKY CIRCUS, Japan’s leading VR facility, before heading to Gokayama village, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its traditional thatched-roof houses. Here visitors can witness an architectural beauty born of the wisdom of everyday life. Take a precious journey from the latest cutting-edge technology to the everyday wisdom unique to the snow-covered countryside.
THE BEAUTY OF JAPAN'S TRADITIONNIIGATA × TOKYOBonsai tree cultivation is a hallmark of traditional Japanese culture. First witness the bonsai’s expression of the austerity of nature hidden within its beautiful exterior, and then head to Matsudai Nohbutai, a field museum that fuses art with traditional satoyama rural mountain living. Observe the traditions and culture of rural agricultural Japan. This valuable trip enables a traveler to enjoy a variety of Japanese culture in one swoop.
THE LIVING LEGACY OF SAMURAI CULTUREISHIKAWA × TOKYOVisit Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, created on the site of a samurai residence, and let the evocative landscape take you back in time. Next, travel to the renowned garden at Kenroku-en Garden, once home to feudal lord Maeda in the Edo period (1603-1868). Close to Kanazawa Castle and historical samurai residences, Kenroku-en Garden offers stunning seasonal views ranging from spring cherry blossoms to the iconic yukitsuri in winter. Experience samurai culture in Ishikawa Prefecture, where the past remains to be enjoyed today.
TIMELESS ARTISTRYFUKUI × TOKYOBegin by viewing legendary Japanese ukiyo-e painter and printmaker Hokusai’s masterpiece Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji at Sumida Hokusai Museum before travelling to Eiheiji Temple, a head temple and holy site with over 700 years of history and tradition. Buddhist ascetic training is practiced here, and visitors can catch a glimpse of ascetic monks undergoing such training. Experience the heart and soul of Japan on this trip.