Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line
The Mikata Five Lakes are mysterious lakes known for their five different colors. By taking the driving route known as the Rainbow Line, you reach a mountaintop park where you can gaze upon the Mikata Five Lakes. You can use the cable car lift to climb the mountain, and view the Mikata Five Lakes from a stylish cafe terrace.
View scenic routes that include this spotWAVERING LIGHTS AND GREEN CARPET
More Information about Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line
- 18-2-2 Wakasacho Kiyama, Mikata Kaminaka District, Fukui 919-1301
- Around 20 minutes by taxi or rental car from JR Mikata Station.
- Around 20 minutes by taxi or rental car from JR Mihama Station.
- Mountaintop park: 9:00-17:00 (times may change depending on the season/weather)
- Open all year round
- Mar., Apr., May, Jun., Jul., Aug., Sep., Oct., Nov.
- The Rainbow Line that connects to the mountaintop park is a famous driving route. You can enjoy the view of the beautiful Mikata Five Lakes and Wakasa Bay as you drive, as well as the cherry blossoms in spring, the lush greenery in summer, and the colored leaves in autumn.
Soto Zen Daihonzan Eiheiji Temple
Heisenji Hakusan Shrine
Port of Humanity Tsuruga Museum
Fukui Prefecture Varve Museum
Echizen Washi Village
Kehi Jingu Shrine
Ichijodani Asakura Clan Ruins
Takefu Knife Village
Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
Miketsukuni Wakasa Obama Food Culture Museum